I often say that people should start a business as part of a self sufficiency plan. The truth is the majority of what I know is available for free at JackSpirko.com (warning the language is far more adult there than at TSP).
In fact I have been asked many times to do more podcasts over there and I have refused.
The reason is simple, I have stated many times the day a person does everything I have already given there, has implemented it into their business and still wants more, I will do another episode. So far, no one has done so.
The truth is I really believe that the most important part of building a business is just getting busy getting shit done. Planning, talking, thinking, brain storming all have their place but up front, hustle is the key.
I have been wary of doing general business podcasts for a few reasons here, they are…
- Many who want to hear about starting a business are more interested in intellectual masturbation than actually doing it, I have no interest in that!
- I cringe at the thought of someone not pursuing an idea just because I don’t personally think it is a good idea. There are plenty of successful businesses out there that I would have said were not a good idea before they existed.
- I cringe even more at someone going after an idea just because I think it is a good idea. Ideas are not businesses, at all, in anyway, shape or form. The execution is the key, not the idea itself.
- Most of you refuse to accept these two things, a tax attorney and a CPA. Every time I bring up business it leads to tax and legal questions, to be blunt, I DON’T Fing KNOW WHAT YOUR INDIVIDUAL ISSUES ARE. I can’t and won’t give this advice. Stop asking!!!
The truth is what I think of your business doesn’t matter, what you do with it is what matters. I try to stick to principles, concepts and methods over ideas because that makes them universal.
Join Me Today to Discuss...
- There are rules to business, some of them are
- Your market is more important than your desires
- Passion is great, but passion in absence of substance equals stupidity
- It is always more work than you thought it would be
- No one will ever do it as good as you, EVER, EVER, EVER, got it?
- Focusing on your competition is most often really stupid
- No business can survive with out sales AND marketing
- My thoughts on modern businesses
- Part time first for MOST
- If you go full time up front, don’t get comfortable
- You will have one boss, and he/she needs to be an asshole!
- Nothing beats just telling people in the beginning
- Thoughts on successful websites
- Sites need to initiate a process
- Sites need to make it clear how to do business with you
- Sites should be “active”, brochures are dead! Fing dead! Do you get that?
- A business is its customer base, an email list is a customer base
- Your site is not designed to please people who won’t buy from you
- In the end it comes down to abilities
- MarketABILITY – the ability to tell your story
- ReferABILITY – the ability for others to tell your story
- ProfitABILITY – the ability to yield a surplus
- RepeatABILITY – the ability to sell to a customer many times
- AdaptABILITY – the ability to evolve and be sustained
- ScaleABILITY – the ability to grow sufficiently
- Simple basics
- Have a core product/service
- Get moving fast, long product development isn’t business
- Listen to your customers (trends not individuals)
- Excel never lies, you will lie to yourself, don’t
- No marketing will every beat pure hustle in the beginning
- Everything I say could be both right and wrong at the same time
- Just do it, seek not my approval, seek the approval of paying customers
This article is not the property of The Survivalist News to continue reading this article please visit the original post at: