Pictured: Soldier, 24, shot dead by Muslim convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau who opened fire on Canadian Parliament in terrifying attack that left capital on lockdown
- Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, 32, was shot dead after opening fire at Parliament Hill
- He was born in Quebec but reportedly recently converted to Islam and had his passport seized after being designated a ‘high-risk traveler’
- He shot reserve soldier Corporal Nathan Cirillo at the National War Memorial before running inside Parliament and exchanging gunfire with guards
- Heroic Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers shot him dead
- Police initially said there were multiple gunmen and at a press conference, they would not rule out other suspects
- Witness accounts of a suspect include descriptions of him as short with long hair, overweight, wearing a dark jacket and ‘Arabic scarf’
A Muslim convert shot dead a Canadian soldier at the National War Memorial in Ottawa on Wednesday before exchanging dozens of shots with guards inside Parliament in a terrifying attack that left the nation’s capital on lockdown.
Michael Zehaf-Bibeau fatally shot Corporal Nathan Cirillo, a 24-year-old father, as he stood guard at the War Memorial on Wednesday morning.
Zehaf-Bibeau then ran inside the Parliament, where he opened fire before he was shot dead by the House of Commons Sergeant-at-Arms.
Zehaf-Bibeau, who had a criminal history for drug trafficking in Montreal and robbery in Vancouver, was born in Quebec as Michael Joseph Hall but recently converted to Islam, CBS reported.
Sources told the Globe and Mail that he had been designated ‘high-risk traveler’ and government had seized his passport
Scroll down for videos
Killed: Corporal Nathan Cirillo, was shot dead by a gunman as he stood guard at the National War Memorial outside the Canadian Parliament in Ottawa on Wednesday morning. He leaves behind a young son
Left behind: Cirillo leaves behind one young son, pictured, according to his Instagram page
Gunned down: Cirillo is raced to an ambulance after he was fatally shot in the abdomen by a gunman as he stood guard at the National War Memorial outside the Canadian Parliament
His attack comes just two days after another Canadian soldier was killed in Quebec by a man with jihadist sympathies.
Authorities initially said they believed ‘two or three’ gunmen were responsible for the attack in Ottawa on Wednesday, but at an afternoon press conference, Chief of Police Charles Bordeleau would not confirm whether or not they are still searching for other shooters.
‘We’re still in the process of clearing Parliament Hill,’ he said. ‘It is a slow and methodical process.’
This article is not the property of The Survivalist News to continue reading this article please visit the original post at: